Mainly, I don't want to blog about this pregnancy because if something should go wrong, I'd have plenty of painful reminders. And being the masochist that I am, I will go back and read them. I still go back and read blog posts from the pregnancy that resulted in miscarriage.
But today, on my 9-week milestone, I'm going to blog about some pregnancy-related randomness. And hope that tomorrow's ultrasound goes well.
- Applesauce. I haven't bought applesauce at the grocery store since, well, maybe never. All of the sudden it is my favorite thing in the world. I've been buying the unsweetened kind, and it's delectable. Yes, delectable.
- Onion bagels + cream cheese.
- Macaroni and cheese. Even the kind with powdered cheese.
- Carbs stuffed with carbs. Yes, I'm referring to Pierogies.
- My nips hurt. Not all day every day, but I notice it at least once a day.
- Headaches. This is a relatively new symptom for me, just starting a couple days ago. Tylenol does dick for me, so I've resorted to putting a warm (hot) compress on my face. That temporarily helps. Staring at a computer screen does not help.
- Before I went on vacation, I was having some slight morning sickness. One night in particular it was quite bad, and rendered me positively useless. While at the beach, the nausea feeling subsided. Only to be replaced with...
- Reflux/indigestion/heartburn. Ok, it's not full-on heartburn. I've never had acid reflux before, but I think this might be it. Prior to this issue, I was craving orange juice. Now, anything that acidic is torture. Red sauce, OJ, fizzy drinks, garlic. All have triggered this reflux-ish feeling. It's not fun, but I think it might be better than morning sickness.
While on the way home from the beach, Buster and I stopped at a roadside produce stand to get some peaches and homemade jam. Last night, we both decided to have some toast and jam. He got four pieces of white bread out, and I popped them in the toaster. When they were almost done, I told him to check them because I didn't want mine too dark. He responded by stating that he likes his dark, and all four pieces were for him. Cue bitch face. Cue tears. Cue emotional breakdown over TOAST. And it's not like those were the last four pieces of bread, either. Damn hormones.
I've always been self-conscious about my weight. Ever since adulthood, I've fluctuated between 145 and 180, happiest at around 155-160. I've never been stick skinny, and never will be. That's just not my body. But I hate seeing big numbers on a scale. Due to the above-mentioned cravings (just call me Carbie Barbie), I've gained 6 pounds this pregnancy.
According to AmericanPregnancy.org, I'm only supposed to gain 1-4.5 lbs the first trimester. Oops.