38 weeks

I'm still pregnant! And still on bed rest, although my doctor has now termed it "modified bed rest". Ok, whatever. He says I can go to my grandma's house, or go to dinner, but no all-day shopping excursions. Doable.

I've been checking my blood pressure at home, and it's typically always right around 135/85. Not great, but not awful. Makes me wonder if I was dealing with work stresses, etc, if it would be higher. Bed rest was probably the right call.

And as an update to my last weekly post, the 24-hour urine catch I did came back with the exact same level of protein as the one before it: 310. Still above 300, but not getting any worse. My official diagnosis is mild pre-eclampsia, and I certainly hope it stays mild.


How far along?
38 weeks and 4 days today. I was slacking a little on this update, sorry!

How big is baby?
Your guess is as good as mine! I know he's much, much bigger than he was even a couple weeks ago. And I know this because his punches HURT. Really badly. I think he's trying to punch his way out of my ute. I guess that's what happens when you are cramped and uncomfortable! I have a doctor's appointment on Monday that includes a growth scan, so I will have a somewhat better idea of his size then.

Weight gain?
I should just remove this category. Have hit the 60 lb mark. Impressive, I know.

Belly photos?
Couldn't be arsed to put on the same brown shirt I've been using for my pictures, so that whole "same shirt in every belly photo" idea I had last time is now officially out the window.



Cravings/Aversions?
Nope.

Sleep?
Sleep has, amazingly enough, gotten slightly better. I'm still waking up (usually around 3:30 a.m.), but I'm able to fall back asleep within an hour. I've also slept in a couple days, since I don't have to go to work. That's been nice.

Symptoms [...of impending labor]?
After the excitement of last appointment (cervical check, finding out I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced, the bed rest order), this week seems pretty boring. I had a couple days of decent, sporadic contractions. That excited me. Then it stopped.

At my last NST (this past Monday), I didn't register ONE contraction. Lame!

I've still been losing bits of plug, but my doctor told me I would since I am already dilated to a 3. He said that the plug will regenerate. So basically, it means jack shit.

So no symptoms here. I'm such a disappointment, I know! Apparently baby Henry wants to just keep on cooking. And that's fine. But I really am hoping he arrives by his due date! Which is ten days away...

Comments

  1. You are getting so close! And you look great :)

    Sorry about the mild pre-e though. Really hoping it doesn't get worse.

    Not much longer now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for the record, you look great! Hoping things start moving along soon ish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about the weight gain. You'll lose it just as fast. I had no idea how much water weight gain until I had my baby and it just falls off. I was really puffy and fluid filled. :)

    Also, I had a belly piercing too and it screwed me! Damn you 21 year old self!!! That's where I got my one and only stretch mark. But 60 pound and no marks on the belly? Go you!!

    Henry will be here soon! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started pregnancy at a somewhat svelte 5'9, 142 lbs and was 212 lbs the day I gave birth at 41w2d (hope to God you font go that long). But you know what, I was within5 lbs of my pre- pregnancy weight 6 months post partum. I didn't worry so much about the weight gain, after 2 years of infertility I was just so happy to be pregnant. You'll see how quickly it will come off, so much of it is water retention as well. Don't be surprised if the day you get back from the hospital you weigh the same or more, especially if they give you iv fluids, but within weeks it will be a pleasure to get on the scale and watch the numbers dropping.
    I'm 17 weeks with number 2. Starting to look like a hippo again. And also started 16 lbs heavier than the last pregnancy (thank you fertility treatment and emotional eating). Hoping to avoid hitting the 200 mark this time but won't be crushed if I do; all in the name of love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara, I swear, the birth of your baby is the thing I am most looking forward to over the next few weeks! LOL I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am certain you are ready for the birth of Henry! Hoping for a safe and smooth delivery. Can't wait to see him :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so close! Don't put too much faith in the growth scans, they were waaaay off with my bubba and overestimated her weight by 900 grams! Very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so close! Don't put too much faith in the growth scans, they were waaaay off with my bubba and overestimated her weight by 900 grams! Very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I can't believe you are almost ready to pop. It's crazy how quickly it goes (at least on this end heh).
    And don't even sweat the 60lbs. More likely than not, you're gonna lose all of that weight after your little man arrives. I know that's hard to believe right now, but it does come off quickly for most.
    Anyway, you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dalam pertandingan AC Milan dengan Torino, akan menjadi ajang dimana pemain bintang dari AC Milan tersebut akan kembali ke lapangan. Sehingga dengan kembalinya pemain swedia tersebut, tim AC Milan akan memiliki formasi lengkap setelah ia kembali dari cidera yang di alami.

    Untuk Liga Italia di minggu ke-17, AC Milan dan juga Toino akan menjadi pertandingan pilihan yang akan di selenggarakan pada hari minggu dini hari dengan pertandingan yang di lakukan di san siro.

    Pertandingan ini adalah pertandingan adalah pertandingan dimana pemain striker dari AC Milan tersebut kembali membela timnya. Ia mengalami cidera saat pertandinya melawan Napoli.

    Cideranya terjadi setelah ia berhasil mencetak 2 gol https://Ontrok.web.id yang membuat tim mereka menang dengan perolehan skkor 3-1. Setelah ia melewatkan 11 pertandingan yang enam di antaranya adalah liga Italia, akhirnya Zlatan Ibrahimovic dapat kembali untuk membantu AC Milan mendapatkan kemengan selanjutnya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts