oh monday...

Well, it's Monday. My morning was typical of a Monday. Me feeling incredibly "blah" about the work week ahead and feeling slightly exhausted from the busy weekend.

We had a small "party" on Saturday evening. This past Friday, I made up a grocery list for DH and sent him to the store. I decided to try making pulled pork BBQ for him, because he loves it. On the grocery list, I put pork shoulder. I didn't put what poundage I was looking for, but the recipe I found called for about 3-4 lbs. Well, DH comes home with a TEN POUND pork shoulder!! This was one giant slab of meat. I had to stuff it into my crockpot! Well, since we had ten pounds of pork cooking, we decided to invite some friends & family over to enjoy it. I made fancy mac & cheese, which is bowtie pasta smothered in alfredo sauce mixed with milk, butter and shredded Italian cheeses. I also found a potato casserole recipe from Paula Deen, and tried that. It wasn't quite as good as I hoped, but it was tasty. But... the pulled pork turned out DELICIOUS! I was very happy with my first attempt. Of course, I made my grandpa's BBQ sauce to go along with it, and that makes anything good.

We set up a beer pong table and I only played one game, but lost terribly! DH played several games and lost every one. Needless to say, he was a bit drunk by the end of the night!

We had a great time, but I think that all the cleaning/cooking/shopping/running around I did on Saturday made me bleed more heavily. I had some bright red blood with clotting in it. However today it has slowed down to spotting again, thankfully. Knock on wood, but I think it's almost done with.

I feel like this post is long enough, so I will make another post with the bad news I got yesterday and the good news I got today! :)

Comments

  1. Isn't it interesting to see what happens when you send your husband to the grocery store? I have run into that problem many times...guess I need to work on being more specific!
    Glad your 10lbs. of pulled pork turned out well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts