This past year, Buster and I got a dog. I realize this is old news to many of you readers, but bear with me! The cousins (who I will now refer to as The H's) also got a puppy (a golden retriever, like ours, and actually from the same breeder). The puppy that Buster and I got for MIL was from the same litter that The H's pup was from. Point being, last night at the in-law's house, there were 3 golden retriever puppies running around, as well as a 3 year old golden and an 11 year old husky mix. Lots of dogs.
At one point, during the card game (FIL was not playing), FIL saunters into the room and says,
"You know, normal couples bring their kids over. You guys bring your dogs."
Yep. He said that. And he knows. He knows about our struggles. He knows about their struggles. WHY WOULD HE SAY SUCH A THING?! I felt the blood rushing to my face. I spat out, "Well..." and then nothing. I couldn't finish the sentence.
I did not want to bring up anything in case, just in case, The H's weren't offended by the statement. If they weren't, I didn't want to make them think of that statement in a different light. But Buster knew I was upset. I sulked for about 30 minutes, then forced myself out of it.
But honestly, do I really need more reminders that I am not normal? I think it's something like 80% of couples will get pregnant their first year of trying. Out of the remaining 20%, half of those will get pregnant the second year. I'm in that third category. The other 10%. No one wants to be in this category. It blows giant balls (like I need to tell many of you...)!
Why can't I be in the hard-to-get-in category in something worthwhile, like winning the lottery? Or finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? No, I get stuck with the humdinger of a title: infertile. (Yes, I typed humdinger! And I'm not even 80!)
In other news, AF is not here. Yesterday, after our morning BD, I had some spotting. I assumed she would show last night. Not only did she not show, I have no more spotting. She is such a tease. I'm ready to get on with next cycle. But she likes to toy with me, so here I am, stuck in a holding pattern.
On my way home, I will stop at Walgreens. I need to get a new BBT thermometer, and I guess I will pick up a cheapie pack of HPTs. I don't expect anything, but if she isn't here soon I will pee on one again, just to make sure something miraculous didn't take place in my ute.
I am inching ever closer to 100 followers! As soon as I get there, I will have a giveaway! Just a reminder! :) (And OMG how I love exclamation marks!!!)