But, before I divulge this shitstorm to you, I think it's imperative to mention that I have stayed amazingly positive and calm (kind of...?) this week. I am trying my best to focus on the good things coming up. So, here is a list of things I am looking forward to:
- Phone consult with Dr. Sher TODAY! He is supposed to be calling me between 5:30 and 8:30 EST. Is it bad that I don't have a list of questions or anything? The one question I do have, I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask. Basically, I want to know if he thinks I would be as successful going somewhere (anywhere?) else as I would be if I went with him. The main reason I'm wondering this is because there has been no medical diagnosis regarding our inability to conceive. I realize that just because there hasn't been one yet doesn't mean there isn't one. I feel like I'm really rambling here, with no real point. So on to my next +...
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One comes out today on DVD!! Buster and I have a Best Buy gift card leftover from Christmas, so we will be heading up to BB after work to pick up the goods! I also have a coupon for a free chips & queso at Chili's so we will go there for an early dinner (I want to be back home for my consult, after all!).
- On Sunday, HBO's newest series starts. I would probably be excited regardless, but I am SUPER excited for Game of Thrones. I have read the first 3 books in the series of which it is based off of, and am currently reading the fourth. It's an amazing series, and I am beyond excited for HBO's adaptation.
- In less than a week from today, Buster and I will be trekking to Pittsburgh for a concert! I haven't been to a concert in... well, I don't even know how long. It's embarrassing, really, given how much I love my music. We will be seeing The Decemberists!!! I've never seen them live. I know it will be magical.
- I have a new patient consultation at a fertility clinic on May 9th. This clinic is about an hour and a half away from me, but they accept my insurance and have evening and Saturday hours. I am excited to hear not only Dr. Sher's opinions, but this doctor's as well. I'm really hoping that I connect with at least one of them. They HAVE to be better than my previous RE, right??!!!
And now for the shitstorm....
Kelsey has been going through what I think is her "adolescent chewing" phase. Sure, she teethed when she was a pup, but she got better. She was so good, in fact, that we got to the point where we were able to leave her out of her crate while we were away.
One day, early last week, Buster came home to find this:
|Beautiful carnage, in the form of a suede peep-toe.|
Bummer. It was my only good pair of brown pumps! I loved those shoes! So, we realized we needed to start crating her again during the day. Sometimes I ask my brother to let her out at lunchtime if I know I can't make it over there on a weekday. Well, he let her out, but didn't realize he needed to put her back in the crate (because he had been used to just leaving her in the house). I realized that I didn't specifically tell him to put her back in the crate, so I call him and ask him to go back down and put her in the crate. An hour had passed since he had let her out. He found this:
|They were once stylish, I assure you!|
So I have to get new glasses. I have to pay for those high-index lenses (which means they thin them out so you aren't wearing coke bottles), plus the frames... we are looking at a couple hundred dollars. Just hate to have such an expense that easily could have been avoided. It's my own fault, I know, but I'm still bummed!
The next day, after the glasses incident, I went to an eye exam at Walmart (classy!). I left there without ordering frames/lenses because they did not in fact take my insurance (like they told me over the phone...).
Now, the next part of the story happens directly after leaving Walmart, but I really feel like I need to preface it with some background. Ever since we bought the Jeep, we've had an issue with the driver's side window being a little out of alignment. Because of that, it doesn't always roll down, or up. I had been meaning to call the dealership, but I hadn't (dumb, I know). So when I had gone in to Walmart, I couldn't get the window to go up any more, so I left it. It was down about 3 inches. I leave Walmart, hop on the interstate, and try to roll it up again because the wind was really coming in. Of course it's not budging. But I happen to glance at the window, and it's all cracked in the corner where the door meets the window (by the side view mirror)! Spider web of cracks. Ugh.
I call the dealer, they tell me it's an insurance thing. I say no, because the window was broken when I got the vehicle, and the cracks are the direct result of that. They say they will split it with me 70/30 (them paying 30%, me paying 70%). Jerks. So yeah, we have that issue to deal with.
I get back to work, and my co-worker who is located at our other site shows up at my office. He tells me (without any advance warning!) that he is here to take my computer. He is our team leader, and decided that a new hire at the other site needs my computer because it is the best and most powerful one, and that guy is going to be doing 3D animation. I know it makes sense, but I hate that I have to give away my stuff. Plus, my co-worker/team leader/jerkface sat here the whole time and I was so rushed and nervous trying to back up all my files! Plus I wanted to clear my browsing history and all that fun stuff. I don't need some 22 year old douche knowing that I struggle with infertility. Or anything else about me, for that matter!
And on top of all this... we are dog/house sitting for our friends while they are in Vegas. They also have a Golden Retriever, and her name is Roxy. She.is.the.devil. Seriously. She's crazy. Poor Kelsey gets abused over there! It's awful. I think I got 3 or 4 hours of sleep last night, tops. Kelsey was pacing, Roxy was whining. It was awful. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm ready for this weekend to be over!!!