a bit of neurosis

Last night, as DH and I were watching East Bound & Down in the dark, I felt something tickle my neck. Chances are it was my own hair, but me being the crazy person I am, I convinced myself that it was a spider. I then proceed to feel around my neck, back of my shirt, and hair searching for this imaginary 8-legged intruder. Of course I found nothing, and really tried to dismiss the thought. After the show ended, I went into the bathroom to do my normal routine before bed while DH took the puppy out. I then get in bed and for the 10 minutes until DH got into bed, I lay there thinking about *if* there were a spider in my hair somewhere, could I get it out? I have thick hair! It might just burrow in there and make a nest and lay eggs. I also wondered if by taking a shower and washing my hair would kill the spider, and ultimately I decided that it would not.

Finally DH got into bed. I told him what I had been thinking off and on for the past 30 minutes or so, and he told me I was crazy. Well YEAH, we know that, but IS THERE A FREAKING SPIDER IN MY HAIR LAYING EGGS AND EATING IT'S WAY TO MY BRAIN?!

Thankfully, I didn't feel any spider-sized lumps on my scalp this morning while washing my hair. So I think I may just be ok afterall...

:)

Comments

  1. LMAO!! I would have been the same way! You silly girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts