"I wish I had a video camera..."

I just got back to work after my doctor's appointment with my new OBGYN. He was a very nice, quirky older gentleman. He was appalled at the way my "RE" told me my cervix was not normal, and he laughed at my jokes. He's a keeper! I will now refer to him as Doc H!

He said that the first (and only) time I took Clomid, back in March, and worked. I then responded by stating that I thought I would see multiple large follies from Clomid. He said no, that you see that more often with the injects. With Clomid, your hope is to cause ovulation and get a nice size follie. I ovulate on my own anyway, but I did get a nice follie, although I forget the exact size. So, he wrote me a prescription for 2 months of Clomid 50mg, which I am at peace with. I know I harped on about wanting a higher dose, but I trust this new doc, and hope that this will work.

I also explained to him what happened when I went to the "RE" on CD3 of last cycle (see this post for the full story!). Doc H was taken aback at how the "RE" handled that situation. After we talked about it, he informed me that the "RE" I was seeing is not in fact an RE!!! I was tricked. Even though I called and made an appointment at a Center for Reproductive Medicine, he was not an RE. This fact infuriates me! I guess I should have asked, but c'mon! Needless to say, I will not be seeing that "RE" (and now you know why I've been putting it in quotes this whole post!) again.

At this point, Doc H wants to see my cervix. He probably is curious as to what freaky looking organ I have in there that could cause the "RE" to be so rude. When he got up in there, he said "I wish I had a video camera to show you your cervix, because it is positively normal looking!" YAY! My cervix is normal again.

We talked some more and I asked more questions, including "Could the acidity levels in my vagina be killing the sperm?" Thankfully he did not seem to think it was an idiotic question. He said because I'm not taking any medication that would cause that, I'm not douching, and I'm not battling any vaginal infections, there would be no reason that the pH levels should be off.

Doc H also showed sympathy regarding my fertility struggles when I teared up at one point while explaining something. I really like him, and am really excited to start Clomid again.

Comments

  1. Haha... video camera... that's good stuff. So glad you like your new RE!!! Usually Clomid only gave me one nice follicle until I did 200mg, then I had 1 mature follie once and 3 the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video camera line, too! Kara, I just know it's going to happen for you soon. Hang in there sweetie! You're gonna be a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found a doc and a plan that you feel good about. That is so important.
    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a relief! Glad you're happy with your new Dr. Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts