the beginning; or a new beginning; or the start of something

Today is CD1.

I was nervous that AF was going to play hard to get this month, but she finally arrived. Of course, she waited until I was at work in a dress, but whatever.

Monday, I have my CD3 bloodwork. This is the first CD3 bloodwork I've had where I've needed to fast. I think it's a good thing that I'm finally having to starve myself for some test results! They will be checking:
  • E2
  • FSH
  • LH
  • TSH
  • Free T4
  • Fasting Prolactin
  • Rubella
  • and an ultrasound
The IVF coordinator was a bit hesitant to schedule my CD3 bloodwork appointment at any time other than in the morning. However, after explaining to her that I am coming in from out of town, and also need to be there at 4:30 for the IVF orientation, she obliged.

I have to fast all day, though! I'm going to be a cranky mess of a woman. Luckily there is a Panera nearby, and we should have time to grab something before the orientation. I'm sure there's a cafeteria in the hospital as well, so either way, I'll get some food in my belly.

So I guess these are the first steps on the way to my first IVF. I'm anxious, apprehensive and nervous. I hope I start to feel excited soon...

Comments

  1. Good luck! I know I couldn't handle not eating until then...well I probably could but I'm sure someone would either die or get cut for saying anything to me that wasn't "here's a cookie".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it is really begining! I am so excited for you! I hope all goes well!
    Good luck with the all day fasting, I would be one cranky biotch at that point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait to follow your journey! Praying it's a short journey to your BFP!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad AF timed it so you can do the blood work on Monday, though it sucks you have to fast ALL day. :( I'll be about two weeks behind you, cycle-wise. See you at orientation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first and last, hopefully. Good luck to you both

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts