Quick update...

I have incredibly limited time today, but wanted to post a quick update on my appointment with the new RE (whom I will call Dr. W).

It went well. Dr. W is a sweet older man, much like a kind grandfather. He recommends IVF for us (no surprise there). Also, he disagrees with Dr. S a bit. He does not think that my activated natural killer cells, nor my antiphospholipid antibodies are preventing me from becoming pregnant. He did agree that they could cause a miscarriage if I were to get pregnant, though. He would like me to meet with the Maternal Fetal Medicine department at the hospital prior to starting IVF. They would decide if I should be on any blood thinners, other medication, etc.

I am pushing forward with IVF with Dr. W. The way things are lined up right now, it appears that the ET would be about the second week in September. We have several things to do beforehand, including IVF orientation, another semen analysis for Buster, CD3 testing for me, as well as a sonohysterogram.

Another interesting thing is that Dr. W doesn't do a birth control pill/Lupron protocol. I would start with stims CD 2, 3 or 4, and go from there. I found that intriguing.

Ok, back to work for me. I plan to update more soon!

Comments

  1. How exciting to have a plan and I am so glad that you like your new RE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always interesting to me that different doctors have different protocols. You'd think that science could agree on something! Good luck with the new doc and all the new "steps" that you have. (Options are good, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the new doctor has good results. Good luck with everything coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you ever what Guliana and Bill on the Style channel, but I was watching their show today, and thought of you.. They have struggled with infertility for 3 years.. They've done IUI, and IVF.. She got pregnant from IVF, but miscarried.. Now, they are trying a new Dr. who is all about doing things all natural.. He had a book that she spoke about called Making Babies by Dr. Sami David.. I just thought I'd tell you, and it might be something you could look into as well.. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's exciting that you'll be doing IVF. I SO hope that this works for you!
    Come on Dr. W!! Don't fail them now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for you guys! You haven't done IVF before, right? Re: Stacey's comment about Dr David - we met with him last year. He advocates a natural approach and doesn't do IVF. His protocol didn't work for us (well, truthfully, we had to bail on him because he doesn't accept insurance), but it's worked for plenty of others. I'm sure you know, but studies show that acupuncture significantly increases the success rate of IVF. I'll be following along and wishing you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That IS an interesting protocol? Has he explained the reasoning behind no suppression?

    Thinking about you lady... and crossing everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts