thwarted by luck and chance, those wreckers of all but the best laid plans

AF is surely the devil. She's red. Angry. Unpredictable. Messy. Those are all evil qualities, right?

Oh AF, you dirty, bloody bitch.

Well, she did her best to thwart my plans. She arrived two days early, making my last cycle 27 days. This would have put my initial consultation visit at the NYC clinic on CD7, when it was supposed to have been CD2-5.

I had already booked my plane tickets (through Expedia). Changing my flight would have cost me $150 per ticket. Looking at the prices of flights, I would basically be spending an extra $1,000, on top of the $300 I had already spent on tickets. Needless to say, this did not please Buster.

Some fighting ensued, and I came to realize that perhaps I should have just planned to drive all along. Driving isn't the most convenient, but it makes the most sense when unpredictable AF is dictating your plans.

I called the clinic the next morning (Thursday). The study coordinator asked if I could come in the next day for my blood work.

Um... yeah. That's not gonna work so well...

My next option was to have my blood work done locally and keep my upcoming appointment. This option sounded MUCH better. I was beyond relieved.

So this morning, I had my CD3 blood work done, and they assured me it would be at the clinic by the time of my appointment.

I also (finally) received my lab results from my pre-IVF screening, and everything is normal and ok! Another hurdle cleared.

I am getting more and more excited for my upcoming appointment. I know there is a chance that we will not be accepted into the study, but I think the odds are in our favor here (which is bizarre, because the odds never seem to be in our favor!).

____________________


Yes, the title of this post is a Voldemort quote. I know you were wondering.


____________________


Is anyone else watching Project Runway this season? I'm really enjoying it (but that's no surprise!). I'm not quite sure who I'm rooting for to win. I'm a fan of Anya, I know that. And Olivier. I really like Olivier, actually. I wish he would smile just once, though.

____________________


My friend Lisa over at The Pursuit of Pregnancy is auctioning off some TTC and baby-related items to help fund her upcoming plans to go the route of surrogacy. Stop by and see if there is anything you could use!

____________________


One last thought before I end this. What is up with this website gothise.com?? I had never heard of it, but recently it has been bringing a lot of viewers to my blog. I went to the site, and it wanted me to sign up and join, which I don't want to do. Any other bloggers notice an increase in viewers coming from that site? If you are a reader who made it here from gothise.com, can you give me some insight?

Comments

  1. Yes, I LOVE Project Runway and I love Anya too.

    Good luck with your upcoming appt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AF is definitely the devil! I hate how she can screw things up like that... But glad to hear it all worked out!

    LOVE Project Runway. Anya's my favorite - she's so talented, and I love her clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so hope that all goes well and you are accepted to the study! So sorry that AF decided to show her ugly face early and mess with your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of that site, hmm.

    Glad they can do the b/w locally, that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok - I have to say this: Best. Post title. Ever!
    I'm glad things worked out with the local clinic.
    I am absolutely LOVING Project Runway this season. Which is good, since I was afraid it was going downhill. I'm an Anya fan too. Not so much Olivier, but mostly because I think it's creepy that he grew up in the states and still insists on talking with that lame-ass accent.
    As for the site, it could be a spam thing. I'm on WP, but there are some sites that always show up, that end up being things to make you sign up, pharma companies, etc. The sites use spam bots to randomly go through blogspot/wordpress/etc and hit posts. It's annoying.
    Did I mention: best. post title. ever?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad that day2-5 bloodwork fell into place, my god $1k to change flights? They reall have us by the short and curlies don't they?!

    Also glad bloods are reading as normal. Going to read on to see what this studything is

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's getting exciting!!!!! I'm so hopeful for you!

    Gothise - yes! me too! I signed up with my hotmail email because I was so curious about it, but I couldn't find a link to my site anywhere. It seems so random.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  9. For Those Who Value Quality and Innovations
    Here you can find most recent arrivals, observe
    popular products and, of course, select and
    purchase all the products you need!
    bones for dogs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hay,Why am i get a kick out of the chance to you. Since, You have composed restrictive article. along these lines, i give you thank. Here you have say a particular subject. That is correct and wonderful.On other hand, i need same post about this matters. A debt of gratitude is in order for your significant sharing.

    Bangladeshi news papers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Web Hosting Services by Lorewing, Website hosting company offering Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting and Dedicated Servers. Call +1-647-680-6263
    toronto web hosting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts