the sky trades the moon for the sun

So, my next appointment in NYC is steadily approaching.

(As I type that, I realize I need to update the sidebar "about me" section... no longer am I "steadily approaching 30"...)

Anyway, this coming Wednesday I will be traveling to and from NYC. I hope to choose my study arm that day, and officially be accepted into the trial.

I've been attempting to tie up all loose ends prior to this next visit. The study coordinator gave me some "homework", which basically entailed me calling my insurance to find out about meds coverage, and to call around about local monitoring.

I contacted my insurance last week regarding the medicine. You can't (or maybe you can!) imagine my relief when I found out my medicine would be covered! Well, 80% of it. But still... phew. I'm probably looking at $500 max out of pocket for meds, which is thrilling. Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself here. My luck, I will be a poor responder and will have to take double the medicine!

Today I contacted my former RE's office to find out about monitoring. Now, if you've been a follower of mine for a while, you'll know of my horrific experiences at my former RE's office.

Needless to say, I'm not really looking forward to the possibility of going back to that office. However, if my only choices are that or buy a plane ticket to NYC to be monitored there, I need to choose the most affordable and logical option.

So, I spoke with the IVF coordinator at the former RE's office, and yes, they can do my monitoring. It sounds like they do this often. Not surprising to me, really. No shocker that former patients of my RE would prefer to go elsewhere for IVF, given his bizarre bedside manner and the army of unimpressive residents.

I'm hoping that one of the wonderful nurses at my former RE's office will be doing the ultrasounds, rather than a doctor. But, I won't find out for a couple more weeks, at least.

Assuming I get into the study, that is.

__________________

I know I have a couple readers who watch Project Runway, right? What did you think of last night's episode?


**SPOILER POTENTIAL**


I really think that Victor should have won! And that opinion may be a tad biased, because I am not a fan of Josh and his bullying ways. But, Victor's look was fabulous! I think the over-accessorizing really hurt him. I say he wins if he didn't have the model wear those sunglasses. I think that killed it.




I'm also ready for Burt to go home. His clothes are just blah. Sometimes he churns out a decent looking piece, but last night's was soooo boring. And looked like it could be purchased at Sears or JC Penney around Christmas time. Perfect for that year-end holiday party.



And Anthony Ryan's design.... blech.

Ug-ly. I got nervous when he picked up the polka-dot fabric, but I think it could have made a definite improvement on this look.

Also, I felt soooo horrified for Olivier. I know at least one of you is creeped out by Olivier and his accent (lol, I was meaning to look up his bio!), but I like him. You can tell he is lost in his head, and I think that's an unfortunate attribute that is common among amazing artists.

The woman he was working with was horrible. She belongs on one of those "Real Housewives of where-ever-the-fuck" shows. I've never watched one of those shows, but I've seen photos of the women on them. She seems like she could fit in.

It annoyed me how she referenced Gucci when trying to tell Olivier how to do the belt. First, I'm sure no designer wants to channel a super popular, high-end brand. I'd imagine Olivier wants to be original and do what he wants, not channel Gucci! Idiot!

And last thing... how 'bout Heidi's skirt? Or lack there of?! I mean, she can definitely pull it off. I laughed when Michael Kors made a joke about it, though. Buster's eyes practically popped out of his head when he saw her hit the runway in that mini! But hey, whatever gets him to watch it is fine by me!

__________________


The Avett Brothers: Left on Laura, Left on Lisa

Comments

  1. I'm so excited for you Kara! I can't believe the meds will be covered!! One thing you might look into for monitoring is to go to a local sonogram place for your wandings and to a hospital for STAT labs. Thats what I did and it worked. It might save you from having 2 interns in the room everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that insurance is paying 80%!!!! I cna't wait to hear which arm you pick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool that your insurance covers so much of your meds! I can't wait to see how this goes and see what study arm you end up in! GL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so wonderful you have coverage for your meds! That was half the cost of our IVF (I am a poor responder).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for some good insurance :D My husband recently switched jobs and we got really lucky w/ everything they will cover, I'm really hoping this is all a sign that more insurance companies are starting to realize it's a medical issue and cover stuff more.

    On the Project Runway front, I'm with you Viktor really should have won. I have a love/hate relationship with Josh, he reminds me of a lot of guys I know and love so there is part of him I really like, on other hand sometimes I think he's bitchy just to stir up some drama and I really don't think is design was that outstanding.

    As far as Oliver, I really liked him at first but I'm completely over him & his accent of undetermined origin (the man is from Ohio after all). I feel bad that his "clients" were pretty annoying, but he lost me at his hating on people with boobs :( .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping that all goes well and you are accepted to the study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so excited for you to get moving with the study. Hoping that everything goes smoothly with the study start :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I SO agree victor should have won, I wash shocked that josh did!!

    Yay for your meds being covered and Im glad your old re's office will do the monitoring!! Cant wait to see which arm you are in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for the good coverage on your medicine, my friend!! <3

    I don't watch Project Runway, but I don't really keep up on shows that have to be watched week to week. I'm a no commitment gurl when it comes to television viewing! :)

    Safe travels to you on Wednesday. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree about all your PR points. Victor totally should have won!!!

    Good luck with the trip!! I hope you get the arm you want!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, for (almost) meds coverage! What a huge piece of the puzzle not to have to worry about. Have to say, sucky as your local RE office is, it's so much better than traveling all the way to NYC. Wishing you luck for Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha! I still haven't seen that episode of PR. I usually do a post every Friday but just my luck we switched to U-verse last week and I didn't get to see it cause I forgot to set the channel to record while I was at school.
    Good luck getting in the trial..I'm sure you'll get in, keeping fingers crossed. So lucky your insurance covers your meds. My insurance covers nada...like zip zero, so every penny has to be paid out of pocket...ouch. Good luck on Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts