A big bag in the big apple

Tomorrow is the big day!

We are heading to NYC to our appointment at the clinic for the IVF clinical trial. This will be the first step on our way to being accepted into the trial, which would provide us with free treatment (including ICSI and assisted hatching!). We will be responsible for our medications and travel to the clinic.

So we leave tonight at 2:30 a.m. I know that is technically tomorrow morning, but it sounds like the middle of the night to me!

I'm trying to be well-prepared. Here is where my new Hype bag comes in:


Mine looks the same as that above, only dark purple. Nice, right? There are 3 main pockets: the center one, where all the important stuff goes; and two on either side, that are GIANT. They are the whole depth of the bag, much like the center cavity, but just thinner. Perfect for medical records. No folding necessary.

Also, I'm going to have to pack some snacks for Buster. And the Kindle. And my phone charger. And who knows what else. But I definitely need snacks.

I have to go into this assuming that probably by mid-day, Buster will be cranky. It's going to be a looooong day and night. So, snacks are a must. Snacks, smokes, and A Feast for Crows should keep him entertained. I hope.

_________________________

(Nerd alert! Read at your own caution!)

Speaking of books... I have finished the series I was reading (A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin). More books are promised, but who knows when they will be published! So, it is officially time to move on.

Choosing a book is really difficult for me. I put a lot of time and research into it, and I still rarely make a move. I'm so scared to be disappointed. I know that is really stupid reasoning, but I just can't help it!

I've realized I'm a big fan of series (series'? serieses??? series's?). I like having multiple books in order to establish tons of details. I like complicated plots and casts of characters. A Song of Ice and Fire was all of that, and it was brilliant.

So with my most recent research, I bit the bullet. I bought a new book.


It's the first of a TEN book series. Yes, TEN! I'm so excited! I hope I love it. I tried to read the other night, but wasn't quite in the mood. I hope I like it better than I was liking the first couple of paragraphs... I think I've just really grown accustomed to the way GRRM writes, and Erikson's writing may take some getting used to.

Has anyone else read this series??

Comments

  1. I am soooooo excited for you!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes.
    And I love the purse!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping and praying and wishing the very best for you on your IVF adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in NYC!!! Will be thinking of you!

    And I love the bag... I love hold-everything type bags...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to you! Exciting times! (And a cute bag to boot.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had you read fantasy before GRRM? What other authors have you read? I read a LOT of fantasy, so I can recommend stuff based on what aspects you like of different writers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Other authors to check out: Lois McMaster Bujold (she has a fantasy series and an outstanding space opera series). Robin Hobb, Patrick Rothfuss, Jacqueline Carey...

    Good luck in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck in NYC! I love that city.... are you able to enjoy any of it while you are there?

    I am reading Game of Thrones right now.... per request of my sister. Love it so far!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts