well played

Well played, AF. Well played.

You managed not only to allow me to get my hopes up, but also tricked me into wasting precious time and money.

Today is CD30, and no AF. So, I do what any infertile masochist would do: I bought a box of FRERs. At a grocery store. Where they were locked up in a case outside the pharmacy. And I was there before the pharmacy opened. So I had to go on a safari to find someone with a key. Just what I want to do when I'm running late for work!

I'm really surprised they didn't announce over the loudspeaker that there was a woman wanting to buy a pregnancy test, and could someone please meet her at the case. And then they could announce my name, address and social security number. Usually, with my luck, it's that kind of scenario.

I head to the self-checkout with my $13 box of FRERs, some bananas, a bag of Mini Babybel original cheese rounds, some french vanilla coffee creamer, and some Berries & Cherries Nut Crunch (yum!).  I was hoping that the FRERs would scan on sale, but of course, they did not. Well, at least I have a $2 off coupon for next time...

Once at work, I head right into the bathroom with a styrofoam cup and a pee stick. Thankfully I was alone in there.

And the test was negative.

I know, I was so surprised too (sarcasm alert)!

So, I'm not pregnant. And AF is a couple of days late. I'm not surprised at all, but I couldn't resist the urge to POAS, just in case.

You know, "they" say you are more fertile after a miscarriage. But I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply if you are still unexplained after practically 5 years.

Here's to hoping tomorrow brings a day of me bleeding profusely.

Comments

  1. wow, that's a real bitchy move by your uterus. I'll join you in the complete lack of surprise (and yet still hurt) by a BFN. Why did I even bother testing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is amazing the things we hope for, isn't it? I was desperately hoping for a falling beta today. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that Kara. I too know the excitement of a late period only to be disappointed. This cycle due to my surgery my af was late and I took a test which was + but it was a nasty blue false +, beta was zero! I pray you get your take home baby very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's scammed me like that 3 times as of late. I hope she shows soon for you so you can get the show on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up. Sorry it turned out this way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so bummed by the news :( At least you got some Berries and Cherries Nut Crunch. Still, though, not fun. Big hug to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm kicking AF (bitch) in the shins for you right now. I, personally, have always wimped out when I saw the tests locked up. I have a hard enough time buying them at places that don't have self-checkouts! I'm such a wimp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny and so sad at the same time. I would totally do the same thing and be annoyed about it. I can't believe you had to get them to unlock the tests! Cruel store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know who "they" are when it comes to being more fertile after a miscarriage, but I heard them cry that too and I call a whole load of BS on it. It has now been 10 months since my miscarriage and not even a false positive on a stick to give me any sign of hope for my first child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stupid AF. Always doing the opposite of what we need her to do. And I totally agree with not agreeing with what "they" say. How would/could you be more fertile after a m/c if you are infertile??! Stupid "They" and stupid AF! Hoping she comes soon so you can do your CD3 bloodwork and get on with your FET!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, that AF, she'll get ya every time. I'm rooting for you and your next FET.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I hate pissing my money away, I know who is "they" anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your chances are better of getting pregnant after a miscarriage IF you have had a D&C and if your are doing IVF. It helps with the implantation rate because your lining has been cleaned up, so to speak. I don't think it helps if you are doing it the old fashioned way and are infertile :( Also, your chances of getting pregnant with frozen embryos of a cycle where you got pregnant are increased by like 30%. So......if you have had a D&C and are planning a FET within a couple of months your chances of getting pregnant are increased. All of this information comes from my RE, a reputable source.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry about the BFN. :( I hate when AF teases us infertiles like that. Bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That AF! She's such a jokester.

    I'm really sorry. No matter how unsurprising a BFN is, it still sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a bitch. And seriously, what is with the locked up pee sticks? That just seems rude!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry to hear about the neg. AF is such a little bitch! After stopping fertility meds and "seeing what happens", I have now had two barely there periods annovulatory at 21 and 23 days. So much for "seeing what happens!" Here's hoping she starts cooperating so you can get onto your FET and your little bean finds it's home. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Our cycles are in cahoots because mine did the same thing! Except, because i was feeling "symptoms" last week, my first poas was Saturday. And because I didn't do it first thing in the, I decided I needed to try again on Sunday. So I waisted double money! What!?! I should start tomorrow.

    Sucks about the locked cabinet, but you've definitely got me craving some mini babybel.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I"m sorry - that sucks so much. Every time I've taken a test I end up getting AF later that day or the next. I'm almost scared to do it now until I"m clearly showing :S

    I hope it shows up quickly and ends this torment for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. At least they only cost $13 there - they are over $20 here.... which makes it suck even more ;(

    I'm sorry it was negative! I have just given up testing

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sorry hon. I hate it when it's a total tease.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It so sucks seeing that negative. I'm sorry. I can't believe your FRER costs $13 here their like $22. I cursed everytime I opened one and it was negative for two reasons. I'm hoping this next cycle really goes well for you. You're always in my prayers and thoughts, your time has to be soon, it just has to be.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so sorry. I've been duped so many times too. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts