Round two: fight!

Often times the journey to parenthood for those of us facing infertility is compared to a roller coaster ride. Sure, the years have their ups and downs. Very roller-coaster-ish.

But when you break it down, the months have their ups and downs. The weeks do as well. The days. The hours.

Yesterday was one of those days for me.

I had my CD3 monitoring appointment.

(As a brief reminder, since I don't expect everyone to memorize my journey... This is my second period since the miscarriage. Last CD3, my beta hCG came back at 6.5, so we could not proceed with an FET that cycle. And even more reminders: I'm in a clinical trial for IVF, and my clinic is in NYC. I am not, so I have local monitoring done. We have three frozen embryos remaining, and due to the study protocol, they will just transfer one at a time.)

My RE was actually NICE. And not a douche. It was weird. And amazing.

During the ultrasound, however, they found a hemogenic corpus luteum cyst on my right ovary. I've had corpus luteum cysts in the past, but this is a cyst of a different color. A hemogenic CLC (yep, tired of typing it out) bleeds into itself. He showed me the little clot inside of it.

Doesn't that sound fun?

My RE said he wasn't sure if this would interfere with my FET.

And then it was over, and the excruciating wait to hear from my NYC clinic ensued.

Of course I googled "hemogenic corpus luteum cyst" like a madwoman. I barely found anything. Well, that's not true. I found billions of things, but hardly anything helpful.

I was both anxious for and dreading the call from my clinic.

4:30 p.m. rolls around, and I still hadn't heard from them yet. Hmph. So I emailed and  asked if they received the faxed results from my RE's office. I get a response that yes they did, and would be calling me shortly to discuss the results.

Gulp.

Finally, at 6:10 p.m. I hear from them. And...

EVERYTHING IS GOOD!!!

All of my hormone levels are where they need to be. I no longer have hCG in my system! And my clinic is not concerned about the cyst. They think it will go away by my next ultrasound & blood work appointment, which is in one week.

Let the games begin!

Comments

  1. Yay! I am super happy that you are at this point and wishing you the best from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Awful is so bipolar. I'm glad you caught him on a good day. And woo hoo for getting your March FET on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's FANTASTIC!!!! I'm sure that phone call was such a relief. Hoping for mmore good news in the coming month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great news!!!! Round two... fight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I like that! Renaming this post now.... :)

      Delete
    2. Oooh I like that! Renaming this post now.... :)

      Delete
  5. Whoop!!!! Fantastic news, I am so glad things are rolling for you. Can't wait to see how it goes. I have my fingers crossed harder than you would believe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Glad you got the clear despite that crazy cyst. I've never heard of that kind before. When will you transfer likely be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If everything goes accordingly, transfer should be the 30th of March!

      Delete
  7. Great news that you can start your cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Awesome news. I am so glad for you that you get to move forward with this FET.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a relief!!! My clinic would probably have not given me the green light because they are often overly cautious. Best of luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! So happy things are getting moving. FET goes much faster so its not as stressful. Goodluck hun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such good news!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! So glad you can move forward this cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful news! Everything's crossed for this cycle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have everything crossed and hoping and praying for you! Please God let THIS be the cycle!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant news! Just brilliant! Big, happy hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I cant believe weirdo Re was ok today, bout time!! I will be praying hard for all your upcoming appts and transfer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! Can't wait for you to begin the next round!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so awesome!! I'm praying lots for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super news! I'm glad that teh cyst wasn't a deterrant. I hope all goes smoothly for you. I am also doing a single frozen transfer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the title of this blog! Ha. Congrats and fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fight like a GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome news!!!! Excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic news! Hate that you had to wait the whole day, but big sigh of relief.

    P.S. Echoing Jen above who says, "Fight like a GIRL!"

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yaaaaaaay!
    Psyched for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I couldn't help but post and say YAY! I'm so insanely excited for you! Praying so hard that this is finally it for you. Miss you <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Came over from the Friday Roundup to another post of yours (which I nodded my head to in agreement) but just wanted to say how exciting to get the chance to try again. So sorry to hear about your loss earlier this year. It's hard! I'm impressed and inspired that you have the strenght to try so soon after loss. Keep on fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  27. And so the rollercoaster starts climbing the hill. The biggest hill, of the entire ride. Hold on tight m'dear.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is fabulous news! I wish you all the best in this new cycle. I hope it is it for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. YAY! I have a ton of solid cysts (like 5 per ovary) from having OHSS right now but my E2 was plenty suppressed so they are letting me move forward with the FET.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yay!!!! Can't wait to follow this again (though I wish I didn't have to of course!). Wishing you a smooth and successful FET.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Soooo EXCITED for you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    You had me scared there for a minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. YES! So glad everything is good and you can do the FET! Hoping and praying everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yea! This is great news. I have been and will continue to be routing for you in this journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome news sweetie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts