Hot Dogs and Fall Leaves

Well, after a long weekend away from my computer, I am back! DH and I went out of town to my parent's cabin with my family over the holiday weekend. It was a great time! We had a hot dog cookoff, and let me tell ya... we made some masterpieces! Of course I'd love to share photos, thank you for asking!




In the above hot dog photo, we have the Welsh Dog (made by me!), the Poblano Dog (my mom's creation) and the Monte Cristo Dog (my sis's creation).

The Welsh Dog - Beef hot dog on a potato bun, smothered in beer cheese sauce (made with Irish Cheddar and Pumpkin beer) and topped with caramelized onions.

The Poblano Dog - Roasted Poblano peppers stuffed with hot dogs, battered and fried and topped with a red pepper jelly jalapeno sauce. This was the winner! It tasted like sweet & sour chinese food!

The Monte Cristo Dog - Egg-battered fried bun topped with thinly sliced pork hot dog, turkey and melted swiss and smothered in homemade Russian dressing. This one got my vote! It was delish!

Comments

Popular Posts